he first step for any investor is to ascertain the amount of money he has at his disposal for investing and the various financial options available to maximize returns
The following elements should be addressed, and revised as necessary:
- Retirement strategy: No matter what your priorities are, the plan should include a strategy for accumulating the retirement income you need.
- Comprehensive risk management plan: That includes a review of life and disability insurance, personal liability coverage, property and casualty coverage, and catastrophic coverage.
- Long-term investment plan: A customized plan based on specific investment objectives and a personal risk tolerance profile.
- Tax reduction strategy: A strategy for minimizing taxes on personal income to the extent allowed by the tax code.
- Estate plan: Arrangements for the benefit and protection of your heirs.